Thursday 28 March 2013

Accomplishments for a simple Wednesday


Last night we had hills training; 5 of them for a wonderful total of 6k of both mental and physical challenge.  
I find it incredibly motivating as our group has a wide range of runners; from first-time half marathoners (like me!!) to seasoned marathoners and everyone in between.  So, when I am slogging up the hill at what feels like a barely moving pace, fighting my brain’s desire to sit on the side walk, it is wonderful when an older runner springs by!  I definitely don’t think I would push myself as hard without those super fit calves and glutes sprinting away from me!  
The group is also wonderful in that those super fit members wait at the top of the hill when they have finished their repeats and actually clap and cheer for everyone as we complete the last one.  It makes you feel like you have accomplished something wonderful on a simple Wednesday evening (which, considering what we did and how fast we have progressed to this level, is actually pretty wonderful)!   This makes me look forward, even more, to the HUGE feeling of accomplishment that we are going to have as we summit Kilimanjaro!  I can’t even begin to imagine how amazing that will feel and am sooo looking forward to it :)   I do wonder though, after Kili, what adventures we will have to take on to get that feeling back!  

No comments:

Post a Comment