Tuesday 10 September 2013

Sears Great Canadian Run - The Relay to End Kids Cancer - 100KM


On October 5th, I will be participating in the Sears Great Canadian Run - The Relay to End Kids Cancer.  

My team, 'Dylan's Divas' has chosen to run the 100km route.  While I don't know anyone on the team, I am excited for the day.  We are all runners and we are all there to support a very important cause.  I only know how it feels to watch a parent die of cancer; I can not even begin to comprehend the horror of watching your own child fighting cancer.

In my time working at CHEO, I was often heart broken watching the children who were obviously impacted by cancer playing in the yard.   Their bodies were under such attack and yet they played with the glee that only children can muster under such circumstances.  It really isn't fair.

If you are free on October 5th, consider coming out and cheering us on, volunteering, or, if you are able, supporting our team (or, you could even join us) ... no amount of assistance is too little.  The link below gives all the details and will also introduce you to our team's number 1 reason for running, Dylan.

No comments:

Post a Comment